District 11 Annual Meeting Fishing Bay Yacht Club Saturday, October 7, 2006
J.R. Futcher called the meeting to order at 7:50pm Saturday, October 7, 2007 at Fishing Bay Yacht Club.
1. JR pointed out that the District Championship Series for 2006 involved multiple regattas. There was some discussion about the events and how everything went.
2. Jon Deutsch was nominated by Luke Shingledecker as the District Chairman. The nomination was seconded by Roger Link. He was elected on a unanimous vote.
3. Next year’s District Championship. JR proposed Lewes Yacht Club as next year’s site. JR would be the regatta chairman. Possible dates would be August through October. Luke Shingledecker said that traditional regattas should be respected and not conflict with the District Championship. Mike Schmidt said that preference should be given to a club that has a laser fleet. Lewes Yacht Club does not have a fleet.
Luke Shingledecker said that Severn Sailing Association would be interested in hosting the District Championship for next year.
4. The group agreed that Jon Deutsch will decide the site of the districts for next year.
5. Discussion of the district Series. All comments were that this is a positive thing – in terms of promoting participation. Jon was the only person who did four out of five events. There were four people who did 3 events.
6. North American class news. Nominations for class officers are being taken now and will be open until October (?). The group was asked what they thought about the Laser Sailor and the Laser Forum. Rock Hall Yacht Club is interested in the Masters Atlantic Coast Championship. Mike Schmidt commented that Rock Hall Yacht Club has been doing a great job on their regattas.
7. Fleet captains should be encouraged to send in information to the district chairman for submission to the Laser Sailor.
8. Appreciation was expressed to J.R. for her efforts over the past couple of years.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:24pm – Chris Legg.