Not ready to throw in the sailing-season towel yet?
Then mark your calendar for an informal, open dinghy regatta on Saturday, Dec. 12.
- Launch at Old Dominion University Sailing Center, Powhatan Avenue (between 49th and 43rd streets), Norfolk.
- Skippers meeting at noon, 1st race at about 1 p.m. and nished by about 3 p.m.
- Open to Lasers, Sunsh, Force 5s, FJ’s/420s
- No fees, but organizers will accept help with gas for the committee/chase boats and some hot beverages.
- A committee/ crash boat will be on course. All racers must have a PFD and wear a wetsuit or drysuit. All sailors should be aware that winter sailing can be dangerous and must accept the risk. The race organizers can not be
held responsible for injuries sustained by participants.
Courses will be short sprints: Triangles, W/L and Olympics.
RSVPs welcome at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
It’s TIME for the first ever Laser/Sunny/FJ/420 Frostbite series in Hampton Roads (and yes, if you show up in anything else you can still race!!). We are sailing out of the ODU sailing center. See attached NOR beautifully created by Rob Suhay.
Don’t miss out due to not having the right gear!! Wetsuits can be had very cheaply off of craigslist or ebay, and most retailers are selling them very affordably in the off season as well. You want a 3/2mm or thicker. I saw a few on craigslist for $50 almost brand new!!
Other places to get good gear at great prices include Intensity Sailing: house brand winter gloves for $14, close outs on Dry Tops and Hot Tops for $50, Aquafleece for $70. Annapolis Performance Sailing has a much bigger selection but prices are a bit steeper. No, I don’t work for either company, just know they have good gear and customer service!
Water temps are still over 60deg so it’s not really frostbiting yet, so come on down and sail!!!
Email Rob or I with any questions or to RSVP so we have a somewhat accurate boat count!!!