The ILCA World Council and Advisory Council have approved several updates to the ILCA Constitution. In order to implement these changes, according to clause 17 of the ILCA Constitution, approval by two thirds of the membership replying in response to a ballot is now required.
Overview of changes:
- The class name has been updated.
- Changes to the makeup of the ILCA World Council
- It is proposed that all World Council members must explicitly comply with the ILCA conflict of interest policy.
- The proposed wording formalizes that the annual accounts are reviewed annually by an independent party prior to publication.
- The wording of the disciplinary provisions of the constitution is proposed to be updated.
- It is proposed that the voting period for subsequent amendments to the ILCA Constitution is shortened from 6 months to 3 months.
- Other grammatical and minor wording changes have been proposed throughout the document to aid in readability and clarity.
Review the complete details and vote online through the ILCA website here:http://www.laserinternational.org/…/ilca-member-vote…/
Voting remains available for the next six months.Please note that only paid ILCA members may vote. ILCA-NA Membership will be verified when the votes are tabulated.